Website Cantina Inc.
A bit about the role:
We are building the first social AI platform and if you are passionate about designing and building a highly-scalable, maintainable, and secure backend system leveraging Generative AI to enhance communications for a social media app, keep reading!
If you are an ardent follower of LLM technologies and their applications and are interested in being an integral part of the technical team that interacts directly with Cantina, Inc.’s executives including our founder and technical visionary, Sean Parker – Let’s chat! If you love the agency and impact that startups offer and enjoy working with cutting-edge technology, are a self-starter energized writing the code that designs and builds large-scale / high-traffic systems from the ground up – if you possess strong communication skills, are energized by moving fast and building great software and fast-changing adaptations of AI and love to participate in brainstorming sessions about generative AI – this position was designed for you!!
As the Architect/Backend Engineer (AI focus) you will be responsible for designing, scaling, and building AI infrastructure and features. You will lead the process to design, build and maintain microservices that dispatch push notifications to mobile clients, and handle messaging, analytics, and other core business features. On the AI side of things, you are knowledgeable and interested in working with concepts such as prompt chaining, contextual and long-term memory, and building out custom private LLMs.
A bit about the work:
- Architect and expand upon our cutting-edge systems that bring modern AI concepts into a social network (e.g. AI features for chat, audio, and video streaming).
- Design highly-scalable, maintainable, and secure backend systems to accommodate high traffic while ensuring system reliability, responsiveness, and performance.
- Design, write, and test code (including training AI models).
- Strong hands-on knowledge and expertise in two of the following languages: Rust, Go, C/C++, Java, Python, and/or TypeScript.
- Brainstorms with founders and cross-functional team members to design, code, test, and build AI features.
- Write thorough documentation to assist client teams in navigating new features.
- Utilize load tests and monitoring to ensure systems function at peak performance under load conditions
- Experience with AWS-EC2 or Google Cloud.
- A problem solver that loves technical challenges.
- A strong and effective communicator and mentor.
A bit about you:
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience designing, building, and operating scalable systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field (or foreign equivalent)
- Designs writes, and tests code with strong hands-on knowledge and expertise in two of the following languages: Rust, Go, MongoDB, C/C++, Java, and/or Python
- Proficient understanding of Docker
- Thorough understanding of NoSQL and SQL databases
- Experience using continuous integration with CircleCI or equivalent
- Experience working with a microservices architecture
- While not required the following are highly desired:
- LLM landscape and Deep learning concepts and LLM libraries like LangChain
- Experience with generative AI
- Prompt engineering
- Experience with ChatGPT, and other LLMs and have informed decisions (Pros/Cons) related to the technology
- Experience with Stable Diffusion’s deep learning, text-to-image, and image-to-image models
In compliance with Pay Transparency Laws, the base salary range for this role is between $220,000 – $250,000+. When determining compensation, a number of factors will be considered: skills, experience, job scope, location, and competitive compensation market data.
- 99% company-paid health/dental/vision
- Care Concierge
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance 1 times base pay 100% company paid
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoptive Leaves
- PTO 15 days (calendar year)
- 13 Holidays (calendar year)
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Cantina, Inc. (Building the first social AI platform ) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recognize our employees are people with different strengths, experiences, and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people’s lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion, and many other parts of one’s identity. Employees’ points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone’s responsibility.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.