As our first Data Analyst at Anthropic, you will play an instrumental role in accelerating our company’s mission of building safe and beneficial artificial intelligence. In this unique company, technology, and moment in history, your work will be critical to informing our product and commercial strategy as we deploy safe, frontier AI at scale to the world.
You will work closely with product, engineering, and go-to-market leaders to build and scale our data and analytics effort from the ground up. You’ll craft metrics and dashboards our entire company uses to track progress toward our goals and mission. You’ve worked in cultures of excellence in the past, and are eager to apply that experience to building robust and scalable systems and processes as our company goes through a phase of rapid growth.
Anthropic is an AI safety and research company that’s working to build reliable, interpretable, and steerable AI systems. We want AI to be safe and beneficial for our customers and for society as a whole. Our interdisciplinary team has experience across ML, physics, policy, business and product.
- Analyze data to uncover patterns, insights, and trends
- Partner with leadership to craft and track measurable goals across teams and efforts
- Build and apply statistical models to make predictions and forecasts
- Develop reports and visualizations to communicate applicable and strategic insights
- Helping set up good, scalable hygiene in our data infrastructure
You may be a good fit if you:
- Have a passion for the company’s mission of building helpful, honest, and harmless AI
- Have 5+ years of experience on high-performing analytics or data science teams
- Are an expert in Python, SQL, and data visualization tools
- Demonstrate a bias for action and urgency, not letting perfection be the enemy of the effective
- Thrive in ambiguity, taking initiative to create clarity and forward progress
- Have a deep curiosity and energy for pulling the thread on hard questions
- Have experience in turning open questions and data into concise and insightful analysis
- Have highly effective written communication and presentation skills
- The expected salary range for this position is $200k – $280k.
Location-based hybrid policy: Currently, we expect all staff to be in our office at least 25% of the time.
Deadline to apply: None. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
US visa sponsorship: We do sponsor visas! However, we aren’t able to successfully sponsor visas for every role and every candidate; operations roles are especially difficult to support. But if we make you an offer, we will make every effort to get you into the United States, and we retain an immigration lawyer to help with this.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not believe you meet every single qualification. Not all strong candidates will meet every single qualification as listed. Research shows that people who identify as being from underrepresented groups are more prone to experiencing imposter syndrome and doubting the strength of their candidacy, so we urge you not to exclude yourself prematurely and to submit an application if you’re interested in this work. We think AI systems like the ones we’re building have enormous social and ethical implications. We think this makes representation even more important, and we strive to include a range of diverse perspectives on our team.
Compensation and Benefits*
Anthropic’s compensation package consists of three elements: salary, equity, and benefits. We are committed to pay fairness and aim for these three elements collectively to be highly competitive with market rates.
Equity – On top of this position’s salary (listed above), equity will be a major component of the total compensation. We aim to offer higher-than-average equity compensation for a company of our size, and communicate equity amounts at the time of offer issuance.
Benefits – Benefits we offer include:
– Optional equity donation matching at a 3:1 ratio, up to 50% of your equity grant.
– Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance for you and all your dependents.
– 401(k) plan with 4% matching.
– 21 weeks of paid parental leave.
– Unlimited PTO – most staff take between 4-6 weeks each year, sometimes more!
– Stipends for education, home office improvements, commuting, and wellness.
– Fertility benefits via Carrot.
– Daily lunches and snacks in our office.
– Relocation support for those moving to the Bay Area.
* This compensation and benefits information is based on Anthropic’s good faith estimate for this position, in San Francisco, CA, as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future. The level of pay within the range will depend on a variety of job-related factors, including where you place on our internal performance ladders, which is based on factors including past work experience, relevant education, and performance on our interviews or in a work trial.
How we’re different
We believe that the highest-impact AI research will be big science. At Anthropic we work as a single cohesive team on just a few large-scale research efforts. And we value impact — advancing our long-term goals of steerable, trustworthy AI — rather than work on smaller and more specific puzzles. We view AI research as an empirical science, which has as much in common with physics and biology as with traditional efforts in computer science. We’re an extremely collaborative group, and we host frequent research discussions to ensure that we are pursuing the highest-impact work at any given time. As such, we greatly value communication skills. We’re trying to build a core of knowledge and intuition about the most robustly effective innovations in AI, and so thoroughly-documented null results are almost as valuable as positive discoveries. We do not have boundaries between engineering and research, and we expect all of our technical staff to contribute to both as needed.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.