This position can be stationed at our Los Gatos office or remotely from any location on the West Coast (Pacific Standard Timezone). If working remotely, occasional visits to our offices may be necessary.
Netflix, with over 230 million members across more than 190 countries, is a global leader in entertainment. Our business is driven by Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence, which fuels innovation in content creation and acquisition, personalization, payment processing, and other revenue-centric initiatives.
Our Machine Learning Platform (MLP) is the bedrock of this innovation, providing ML/AI practitioners at Netflix with the tools to maximize the impact of their work through easy development, deployment, and improvement of machine-learning models.
We are introducing a new Product Management role to enhance the effectiveness of our Machine Learning Platform. In this role, you will:
- Establish the strategic vision for MLP, set objectives, key results, and success metrics in collaboration with Engineering, aligning with wider business goals.
- Gather feedback and understand user needs from ML/AI practitioners and application engineers across Netflix, derive product requirements, and prioritize investment areas based on their importance.
- Oversee product success throughout the lifecycle of key initiatives, from conception to full launch and ongoing support.
- Communicate strategic plans, roadmaps, and progress to stakeholders and executives in product review forums, quarterly OKR check-ins, etc.
- Develop user education and support programs for ML Platform users.
- Monitor and evaluate external industry trends and innovations.
What We Offer:
- Impact: At Netflix, our product management model differs from most tech companies. Our key product management leaders, including this role, work with multiple sprint teams but do not manage direct reports. We seek experienced product leaders who are strategic and hands-on.
- Responsibility: Netflix promotes transparency and autonomy, fostering a unique culture that drives innovation.
- Learning: You will create unprecedented product experiences and collaborate with exceptional colleagues who value teamwork.
- Career Growth: This is our first Product Management hire for our ML Platform, offering significant opportunities for career development.
Who Will Thrive In This Role?
You are a technically adept individual with a strong product sense and excellent communication skills. You have proven experience in creating and executing a vision for a centralized machine learning infrastructure team that supports machine learning practitioners and data scientists across various use cases. You validate your hypotheses with data and set quantifiable goals to track progress. You can collaborate with top-tier engineers and data scientists, translate their work to less technical partners, and drive products with business acumen.
Skills And Qualifications:
- Proven experience in innovating a centralized Machine Learning platform that supports multiple applications.
- High technical understanding to collaborate effectively with engineers and ML practitioners and contribute to strategic discussions about MLP’s future product offerings.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in working effectively with engineers, data scientists, ML practitioners, other Product Managers, etc.
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to present technical content to non-technical audiences. Ability to collaborate with different functions to ensure your solutions drive real business impact.
- Strategic thinking and the ability to incorporate larger business context into algorithm and product development.
At Netflix, we take into account a broad range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of the market. We use market indicators to set compensation, considering your specific job, skills, and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also depend on your location.
The typical market range for roles in this area of Netflix is $300,000 – $900,000.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.netflix.com.